Begun in 2011, the "9 Arch Mural Project," located at 1000 Lake Avenue, was the first mural component to the "Lake Worth Arts Initiative," also known as "LULA." The LULA Mural Project is a multifaceted project designed to create commission jobs for artists, and revitalize blighted buildings, to strengthen the community and create art-based educational sessions using live art demonstrations.
Completed murals are located throughout the CRA district in Lake Worth. Local students, artists, and businesses collaborated to make this program a success. LULA promotes and sponsors murals throughout Lake Worth to provide:
- Paid opportunities for local artists
- Opportunity to showcase local artists' work
- Beautification of unsightly buildings
- Enhanced tourist attraction
- Investment by patrons from Florida and beyond